Test Technician II
Under minimal supervision, the Electrical Engineering Technician II will utilize various electronic equipment, document test data, and read schematics. Test, troubleshoot and repair process products and subassemblies. Reports to Production Supervisor.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair low voltage PCA’s
- Provide customer certification test data as required for shipping release.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate the performance of assemblies, or systems and record results.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of test setups.
- Understand and apply test methodologies.
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, EEO, OSHA, and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Wiring, cable prepping, and assembling as per the wiring diagrams. Read and understand all related drawings including, but not limited to, assembly drawings, bill of material (BOM), test procedures and troubleshoot from schematics.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned including but not limited to – creating BOM’s and PCA kits, building board transformers, PCA potting/conformal coating operations.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies.
- Build test fixtures and perform bench measurements.
- Troubleshoot to the component level on sub-assembly faults and failures which includes mechanical/equipment problems. Repair, when necessary, minor product deficiencies.
- Assist assembly with questions and wiring checks.
- Must have the ability to read and analyze schematics for analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuits.
- Utilize test equipment including, but not limited to, OHM meters, O’scopes, power supplies, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of common hand and power tools and test equipment
- Good computer skills with the proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
- Have problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills due to a continually changing work environment.
- Math Skills required.
- Ability to work and adapt in a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication required.
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the testing process.
- Pass Drug and Background Test.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Associate Degree; Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
- Experience: 3-5 Years Relevant Experience; Related electronic experience and prior experience with test setups, and troubleshooting.
Competitive Pay based on Experience